The Australian Government announces 5 new positive changes for International Students
“We are a welcoming nation with a world-class education system. Students want to study here and we want to welcome them back in a safe and measured way when it is safe to do so.” — Alan Tudge, Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs
The Australian Government is making a number of changes to student visa arrangements to ensure Australia remains a priority destination for international students.
These five visa new changes have been announced this week:
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge if they can’t complete their studies within their original visa validity.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
For more information, we suggest you to visit the Australian Government website https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Why is Emotional Intelligence important for entrepreneurs?
Unicorn, Zebras and the Startup Ecosystem